The Crown Estate Paving Commission comprises Commissioners who are current or previous domestic and/or business residents and three ex officio Commissioners appointed by other organisations: The Crown Estate, The Royal Parks Agency and the Lords of Her Majesty’s Treasury.
The current Commissioners are:
- Mark Bennett – domestic resident
- Nigel Berman – domestic resident
- Leanne Clark – domestic resident
- Charles Copper – Head of Residential, The Crown Estate
- Linda Crow – domestic resident
- John Dyer – previous business resident
- Prof. Ajit Lalvani – domestic resident
- Justin McLaren – domestic resident
- Marc Mourre – Chair – domestic resident
- Allan Murray-Jones – domestic resident
- Carol Osborne – domestic resident
- Deborah Saunt – business resident
- Andrew Scattergood – Chief Executive, The Royal Parks
- Alan Sherling – domestic resident
- Dame Amanda Milling MP
Appointment of Commissioners
Recommendations for appointments are made to the Lords of HM Treasury (the Whips Office) following a competitive selection process managed by the current body of Commissioners. Appointees are traditionally, but not necessarily, drawn from CEPC rate paying leaseholders of the Crown Estate properties at Regent’s Park or adjacent to Carlton House Terrace. Appointments are made with the aim of ensuring that the Commission has available to it an appropriate balance of skills, experience and professional expertise in order to conduct its business.
Commissioners represent all CEPC ratepayers, not specifically those in the terrace or area in which they may live or work, as well as other users of the roads and pavements managed and maintained. The appointment process also aims to achieve a broad representation. Appointments are made for an initial term of three years, renewable for two further consecutive four year terms and only up to the age of seventy five. Commissioners receive no remuneration and do not claim any expenses arising from their duties.
12 Park Square East,
London NW1 4LH
T: 020 7935 8049