Important Garden Notice
Updated 28th May 2020
Residents, Ratepayers and Garden Subscribers
During these challenging & difficult times, the CEPC are doing all we can to continue to provide access to our communal gardens, along with providing vital monitoring and maintenance of the CEPC roads, pavements and lighting. We are focusing our activities on essential work on the CEPC estate and whilst doing so are following and reviewing the unfolding government advice and requirements.
The CEPC recognise its gardens are a vital resource for the mental and physical well-being of residents/garden subscribers. We have been and still are operating with lower than usual staff numbers, including gardeners, and are looking forward to welcoming back further CEPC staff to the workplace soon, once the required risk assessments control measures and safe methods of working in line with the latest government guidance relating to safety in the workplace have been established.
In accord with government advice and at the outset of the Coronavirus pandemic and lockdown to reduce the risk of infection, and to maintain the safe use of the CEPC garden areas some additional restrictions were imposed and implemented, although some of these restrictions have now been relaxed.
There has been a marked increase in the numbers using the gardens, in particular in Park Square and Park Crescent. Along with that there unfortunately has been some issues identified by the CEPC and raised to the CEPC relating to the behaviour of some people whilst they are using the gardens.
To assist residents/garden subscribers using the gardens are reminded that they are required to comply with the below.
- Observe Government guidelines of 2 metre social distancing
- Respect others using the gardens
- Do not congregate in groups of 2 or more people, other than those that reside at the same individual property unit
- All normal garden regulations apply, see https://www.cepc.org.uk/gardens/garden-regulations/
- Any large gatherings are not currently acceptable
- Do not leave items in the gardens. Please take your rubbish home
- Do not let in non-residents or non-subscribers to the gardens
- For safety reasons the children’s play area, toilets, picnic benches and deckchair shed remain out of use
- Please respect CEPC staff managing these spaces including following any instructions from them
Should you require any assistance whilst in the gardens please contact the CEPC Security team on 07774 938 715.